It is never too early to start planning your education abroad experience, especially if you think you might like to go abroad more than once! Even if you are a freshman, now is the perfect time to start considering how education abroad will fit in to your degree plan and saving money for your travel.
You do need about 12-18 months to plan a good education abroad program, but the process does not have to be complicated.
5 Steps to Study Abroad:
- Explore – Education Abroad 101, Funding Info, Program Search
- Apply – Learn how to create an application
- Prepare – Pre-Departure prep resources
- Travel – Overseas adjustment info
- Return – Returning student resources and events
You only need to research your options, apply to your chosen program, make preparations for your travel, experience your adventure abroad, and come home again to process and maximize what you have learned. The key to a smooth process is good and frequent communication with your advisors, faculty leader, program coordinators, and the International Center.